Ancient History and Archaeology
Research areas of interest, very broadly organised by preference:
- The Caucasus, Greater and Lesser Armenia, the Black Sea, and Eastern Asia Minor in the first millennium BCE.
- Numismatics of the Hellenistic period, with a focus on pre-Roman coinage.
- The edges of empire: Thrace, Illyria, Scythia, the Caucasus, Central Asia, and Western India in the Achaemenid, Mauryan, and Hellenistic periods.
- The Hurrians and Urartu.
- The ancient and prehistoric world in modern entertainment media.
- Historical linguistics, with a focus on Indo-European languages.
- Travel, trade, exploration, and cartography in the ancient world.
- The Brythonico–Gaelic Archipelago in the first millennium BCE.
- The Hallstatt and La Tène cultures.
- The Cisalpine Celts.