My current areas of interest, very broadly organised by preference, are the following:
- The Black Sea, Armenia, and the Caucasus in the Iron Age.
- Ethnography, ethnology, and archaeology of the peoples of the Caucasus, Greater and Lesser Armenia, the Pontic Mountains, and Eastern Asia Minor, from the Early Bronze Age to the Hellenistic period.
- The kingdoms of Pontos, Armenia, Caucasian Iberia, and Epeiros in the Hellenistic period.
- Numismatics of the Hellenistic period, with a focus on pre-Roman coinage.
- Philology, with a focus on Indo-European languages. Hoping to expand into other language families.
- The Brythonico-Goidelic Archipielago in the Late Bronze Age and Pre-Roman Iron Age.
- The Hurrians of the Armenian Highlands: Mitanni and Urartu.
- The Hallstatt and La Tène cultures.
- The edges of empire: Thrace, Illyria, Scythia, the Caucasus, Central Asia, and Western India in the Achaemenid, Mauryan, and Hellenistic periods.
- The Cisalpine Celts: origins and history
- Travel, trade, exploration, and cartography in the ancient world.